In January 2014 the Cipla Foundation opened a primary healthcare facility for farm communities in the Stellenbosch area and surrounds.
Topshell was tasked with converting several shipping containers into a fully functional healthcare facility.
With patients at the local government clinics having to wait all day to be seen, these custom container clinics provide a welcome relief and offers much needed healthcare services, including:
- Dental care unit with digital X-ray, instrument sterilization, and modern dental chair;
- Pharmacy with specified access control;
- Doctor Consultation Room;
- Ablution Facilities;
- Library/community training room;
- Reception and admin office with digital “cloud based” patient records.